Express Scribe is a free transcription software and audio player specifically designed for typists and transcription work. Features include foot pedal control, variable speed, speech to text engine integration and support for a wide variety of audio formats including wav, mp3, wma and more.
Audio recordings can be loaded automatically from CD, email, LAN, FTP, local hard drive and Express Delegate. Traditional hand held dictation recorders can also be docked and the audio transferred. Also features a Mini version to reduce the applications screen space.
Express Scribe - Transcription Software Features:
* Variable speed (constant pitch) playback
* Supports a variety of foot pedal controls
* Ability to Dock portable recorders to load recordings
* Supports direct integration with Express Delegate
* Uses systemwide HotKeys so you can control playback when using other software
* Automatically receives and loads files by FTP, email, Express Delegate or a computer network
* Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work
* Express Scribe is free
A professional version of Express Scribe that also supports video file playback and additional audio formats including dss and ds2 is also available from NCH Software.